“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
When it comes to mold, many believe that remediation and removal are the same. However, these are two vastly different methods of addressing a mold issue.
Mold removal is limited to physically removing visible mold growth from the surface upon which it has grown. Since microscopic mold spores exist naturally almost everywhere, removing all mold from a home or business is impossible.
Mold remediation focuses on getting mold levels back to normal, natural levels and treating the affected area to help prevent regrowth. This process may include containment, filtration, and the application of antimicrobials.
Every mold damage requires a unique solution. A qualified restoration company understands the science behind mold growth and how to address your specific issue. If your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Carbon County & Pocono Pines can help. Call us today at 570-732-9191.
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (570) 732-9191
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (570) 732-9191
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Carbon County, Pocono Pines is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,700 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.