Fire Tips from SERVPRO of Carbon County and Pocono Pines
Fires can happen fast and you need to respond quickly. Here are some tips for fires:
- Make sure you install smoke detectors on every level of your house. The placement of the smoke detectors should be at the top of open stairways, at the bottom of stairways, outside of bedrooms.
- Always test smoke detectors and replace batteries.
- Smoke detectors should be replaced once every 10 years.
- Ahead of time, practice your escape routes with your family, including your pets.
- Invest in an escape ladder if your house has more than one level.
- Have your home insured. If you are renting an apartment consider buying renters insurance.
- Have A-B-C fire extinguishers in your home.
When fire damage occurs, SERVPRO of Carbon County and Pocono Pines can help!