Fires can leave you feeling devastated and not knowing what to do when a fire starts.
Here are some tips for what to do during a fire:
- Avoid excessive movement to prevent soot particles from sticking to upholstery.
- During a fire, before opening a door use the back of your hand to feel the door handle. If the door handle is hot, do not open the door.
- Call 911 immediately.
- Evacuate yourself immediately.
- Never enter back into your home once you evacuate.
- In the event of heavy smoke, crawl low under any smoke as you evacuate.
- If your clothes catch fire, always stop, drop and roll.
After the smoke clears, SERVPRO of Carbon County and Pocono Pines has the ability to make your home or business look “Like it never even happened.”