After a fire, it can be devastating to you and your family. Fire damage includes fire, smoke and water damage. Safety is always the priority.
Tips on what to do:
Avoid moving around the home to prevent soot particles from spreading to upholstery and carpets.
Always keep your hands clean to avoid more damage to upholstery, walls and woodwork.
Replace your HVAC filter.
Tips on what not to do:
Don't attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces or shampoo carpet or upholstery without contacting your SERVPRO Professional.
Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire, heat, or water without consulting an authorized repair service.
Never use any food items or beverages that would have been exposed to the fire, heat or water.
Call SERVPRO of Carbon County and Pocono Pines today - 570-732-9191!
Fires can leave you feeling devastated and not knowing what to do when a fire starts.
Here are some tips for what to do during a fire:
- Avoid excessive movement to prevent soot particles from sticking to upholstery.
- During a fire, before opening a door use the back of your hand to feel the door handle. If the door handle is hot, do not open the door.
- Call 911 immediately.
- Evacuate yourself immediately.
- Never enter back into your home once you evacuate.
- In the event of heavy smoke, crawl low under any smoke as you evacuate.
- If your clothes catch fire, always stop, drop and roll.
After the smoke clears, SERVPRO of Carbon County and Pocono Pines has the ability to make your home or business look “Like it never even happened.”
Fire Tips from SERVPRO of Carbon County and Pocono Pines
Fires can happen fast and you need to respond quickly. Here are some tips for fires:
- Make sure you install smoke detectors on every level of your house. The placement of the smoke detectors should be at the top of open stairways, at the bottom of stairways, outside of bedrooms.
- Always test smoke detectors and replace batteries.
- Smoke detectors should be replaced once every 10 years.
- Ahead of time, practice your escape routes with your family, including your pets.
- Invest in an escape ladder if your house has more than one level.
- Have your home insured. If you are renting an apartment consider buying renters insurance.
- Have A-B-C fire extinguishers in your home.
When fire damage occurs, SERVPRO of Carbon County and Pocono Pines can help!
Fire...who are you going to call? SERVPRO of Carbon County & Pocono Pines!
Have you seen any fires in your neighborhood? Fires can be traumatic, leaving homeowners, renters or landlords stressed when a fire occurs. A fire can cause soot or fire damage to the structure and personal property.
SERVPRO of Carbon County and Pocono Pines has a 24 hour emergency service. We understand emergencies can happen at an inconvenient time.
After a fire, we can perform structural cleaning, contents cleaning and deodorization. We remove soot from ceilings, walls, woodwork, carpeting and floors. If your contents need to be cleaned, SERVPRO of Carbon County offers an Ultrasonic Cleaning Machine.
This is a specialized machine and we are one of the few with this machine. Our staff is trained to use this machine. This machine can clean electronics, knickknacks, collectables, stuffed animals, toys, chandeliers, etc.
We have the highly trained technicians and equipment to help you in case of a fire. Contact us at 570-732-9191 as soon as a fire occurs!